Meter operators such as public utility companies are making a future-proof investment in an interoperable meter park with OMS meters.
Meter operators have opened up new perspectives through the use of OMS meters:
OMS meters are an essential part of the energy landscape of the future
- OMS is a future-proof communication standard as it is based on European norms and is supported by the industry
- The meter park is fully compatible and interoperable
- Free selection of suppliers: OMS meters from different manufacturers can easily be combined
- Planning reliability: the investment in the meter park retains its value in the long term
- Direct communication is possible with the specially designed meters: reading out the consumption, control of the meters, localisation of faulty meters or leakages, disconnection of meters etc.
- For the data visualisation (consumption display) as well as the integration of building automation (Smart Home) for the consumer, ISO/IEC 14543-3 = EN 50090 (KNX) was incorporated in the OMS application profile. KNX installations can gain additional value from OMS meters without a great deal of effort as they likewise use S mode for wireless communication in accordance with EN13757-4.
- Metering of different media or a medium with different characteristics such as different qualities of gas (natural gas, biogas)
- Improvement of customer loyalty: monthly billing, transparent consumption, new products and additional benefits possible
- OMS meters enable the introduction of Smart Grids for the reduction of energy consumption, improved integration of renewable energies